Nekton is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We use the information we collect about you to help us understand more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications about Nekton that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise. The ‘personally identifiable information’ is information that enables us to identify you, such as your email address, name, title, and address.
Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
This policy will let you know:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you
- How your information is used
- Who is collecting your information
- With whom your information may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information
- How you can access, update or delete your information
- How Nekton treats your personal information
- The kind of security precautions that are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information
1. What personally identifiable information does Nekton collect from me?
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
For more information about cookies, please see www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use two types of cookies on our website:
- per session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookies file of your browser until you leave the site; and
- persistent cookies, which remain in the cookies file of your browser for longer (although how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie) . These cookies are used to store state information between visits to a site.
We use persistent cookies to provide certain services, so that you do not have to log-in repeatedly between visits.
For instructions on how to stop cookies being installed on your browser, please see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
2. How does Nekton use my information?
Nekton uses the information we collect about you to help us with understanding more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise.
3. Who is collecting your information?
When you are on the Nekton website and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with Nekton alone unless stated otherwise.
4. With whom does Nekton share your information?
As a general rule, Nekton will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
5. What are my choices regarding, collection, use and distribution of my information?
If you indicated that you are interested in receiving regular information about Nekton’s future projects, we will send you communications regarding Nekton’s work and activities, either electronically or otherwise.
Nekton does not sell, rent or share user information with anyone.
6. What is Nekton’s policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personally identifiable information?
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to Nekton. If you change email address or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at i[email protected], or write to Nekton, Zone 10, Bath Road Studios, 470 Bath Road, Bristol, BS4 3HG with the details.
7. How does Nekton protect my personal identifiable information?
Nekton is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the individual identifying information that you provide to us.
8. What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
When you give Nekton personal information, that information may be stored and processed outside of the UK and we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Nekton cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.