JOIN THE TEAM
Consultant for development of a project
The Ministry of Agriculture, Climate Change and Environment (MACCE) Seychelles, in partnership with Nekton is currently seeking a consultant for a short term contract to assist in the development of a resilience and governance initiative with the potential of this initiative being adopted by the wider Western Indian Ocean.
Start: 15th July 2021
Applications due: Friday 9th July 2021
Interviews: 12th to 14th July 2021
Duration: 3 months (until mid-October 2021), fixed term, full time
Location: Home working
Reporting to: MACCE and Nekton
ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES & EXPERIENCE
- Regionally relevant, deep, and practical subject knowledge, including hands-on leadership, related to the four pillars of WIO-RPI: 1) Marine Science, 2) Finance & Resilience, 3) Governance, 4) Marine Protection & Conservation.
- Established WIO networks of senior experts across Government, marine science, policy, and the Blue Economy.
- At least 15 years of working with and/or within relevant ministries of a WIO Government, (Seychelles strongly preferred) including minimum of 5years at senior management level.
- Leadership of programmes and initiatives that safeguard and sustainable manage the marine environment, including related marine spatial planning and Government-led conservation initiatives.
- A confident, proactive and independent self-starter able to work flexibly and responsively.
- Highly organised, detail orientated.
- Experience in project leadership, management (including with project management software) and working inclusively with multiple regional partners.
- Strong written and oral communication skills within a team and with senior Government and non-governmental partners.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position please send your CV with a one-page cover letter explaining why you think you would be a good fit for this role to [email protected] and [email protected] by 6pm Seychelles Time, Friday 9th July 2021. With the subject line “WIO-RPI application”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews by the 13th of July 2021.